Wednesday 18 March 2009

Final Blog.

This is mainly a summary of my last few posts which have been image based. As I stated in my previous blog that I wanted to perhaps explore the topic of my relationship with my girlfriend; it was a very specific idea and then after the feedback session I was told to keep more of an open mind and not to rush about think about the final images. So since then I have been taking more photos with a few different ideas.

1. Not direct images of my girlfriend but images of items or places that would remind/associate with her.

2. The travel to see her. I was going to take photos of the journey and before and after the journey.

So I got on the train to see her and it seemed to turn out completely different. I didn’t like the photo's I had tried to take of those subjects. I decided to try take some less constructed portraits of how I really view my girlfriend (ie. some of the newer images I have put up.)

In the end though I think my project has turned out quite differently. While talking about 'Practices of Looking: An Introduction to Visual Culture, Chapter Six: Consumer Culture and the Manufacturing of Desire' in our last seminar, I was really interested in the whole idea of how we represent our selves through items an clothing and through images and image sharing websites (like facebook and myspace.) I though the whole idea of me representing my girlfriend as I see her. Because if she was told to do a self portrait project with the same aim it would be completely different. Fair enough some of my images are quite constructed but I find that speaks me as I trying to show people how I feel that she is special and is attractive as apposed to trying to make her look better.

But yeah, that’s all I've got, blog end.

No comments:

Post a Comment